Handling of Personal Information
Taiheiyo Cement Corporation (hereafter "Taiheiyo Cement" or "the Company") views the protection of personal information as an important social responsibility, and in an effort to properly manage, use, and protect personal information, it has established voluntary rules and guidelines, set the following policies for handling personal information, and is working to implement and uphold these rules, guidelines, and policies.
- When obtaining, using, providing, entrusting, or otherwise handling personal information, Taiheiyo Cement does so appropriately under strict management in an effort to protect personal information. In addition, the Company does not handle personal information beyond the scope needed to achieve the purpose of use (unintended use), and takes measures toward that end.
- Taiheiyo Cement complies with all laws, regulations, and standards pertaining to the protection of personal information.
- Taiheiyo Cement takes appropriate measures to prevent or rectify the unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal information.
- Taiheiyo Cement shall respond appropriately and promptly to complaints and inquiries regarding the handling of personal information.
- In order to reliably implement the above commitments, Taiheiyo Cement has established a management system for the protection of personal information, which we review on a continuous basis, in an effort to maintain appropriate management.
Handling of personal information
Taiheiyo Cement currently holds and will continue gathering personal information needed for carrying out operations in relation to its business. The Company uses personal information for the following purposes:
- For carrying out operations pertaining to the prescribed business purposes of the Company (e.g. transactions, IR activities, inquiries regarding financial transactions and pension fund management, communication, sending of materials, making arrangements, consultation, examination, contracts, receiving and making orders, shipment, billing, depositing money, making payments, and debt and credit management);
- For providing, acquiring, investigating, examining, and dealing with information on products, services, etc. offered by the Company;
- For sending invitations to seminars, exhibitions, etc. organized (sponsored, cosponsored, approved or backed) by the Company;
- For appropriately replying to or handling inquiries, requests, requests for materials, etc. received from customers;
- For results management, and investigation and consideration of customer needs pertaining to the use of products and services provided to customers;
- For managing the entry and exit of people and vehicles to and from the Company;
- For public relations with communities in which our business sites are located;
- For sending prizes or notification of prizes in contests for which customers have applied; and
- For other reasons the Company has given prior notification for and obtained the approval of customers for.
Furthermore, Taiheiyo Cement may occasionally commission part of its operations to a contractor to effect smooth execution, in which case customers' personal information may be disclosed to the contractor within the bounds of what is required. In such cases, only contractors that clear standards laid down by the Company will be chosen, and the Company shall also provide thorough guidelines to ensure appropriate management regarding the handling of personal information by them.
Disclosure or provision of personal information to a third party
Taiheiyo Cement shall not disclose or provide any user's personal information to a third party except in the following situations:
- When approval has been obtained from the relevant user
- When disclosing or providing personal information to a third party specified at the time of obtaining the information from the relevant user
- When disclosing information to a related Group company in order to answer to or deal appropriately with a question or request from a user
- When disclosing or providing information in a way that does not reveal the identity of individuals, such as in statistical data
- When information is needed within the bounds of what is necessary to fulfill the original purpose of its use after a merger, corporate breakup, business transfer or other reason leading to a takeover of the business
- When we are legally obliged to provide or disclose information to a third party
- When it is necessary for the protection of people's lives, physical well-being, or assets, but difficult to obtain the relevant user's approval
- When it is particularly necessary in improving public health or promoting the healthy fostering of children, but difficult to obtain the relevant user's consent
- When we are obliged to cooperate in the execution of operations laid down in the law by a governmental organization, local authority, or a contractor commissioned to do the work on their behalf, but when there is the danger of the operation being hindered upon obtaining the relevant user's consent
Handling of personal information on Taiheiyo Cement website
Taiheiyo Cement does not collect personal information about visitors without their consent. The collection of users' personal information in principle requires visitors to willingly provide their personal information. This information is only requested when needed to respond to inquiries or deliver information pertaining to products of Taiheiyo Cement or its Group companies, or to provide requested services.
◆Encryption technology (SSL)
All areas of this website use data encryption based on SSL encryption technology.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology is a system that protects communication by encrypting data sent between a user's computer and the server of the website management service provider. Because the data sent between the user's computer and the website is encrypted, there is very little chance that information sent by the user (e.g. content you input) or information returned to you from that page (e.g. a confirmation screen for the input data) could be intercepted or altered by a third party on the internet. However, given the nature of Internet communication, this does not provide a complete guarantee of security.
◆Handling of personal information on linked websites
This website may contain links to other websites. Taiheiyo Cement urges users to separately review those websites' policies regarding the handling of personal information on their websites.
◆Handling of personal information of users aged 16 and under
If user is aged 16 or under, please get parental consent before providing any personal information to us.
Changes to the handling of personal information
The handling of personal information is subject to change without notice along with changes in laws and ordinances, etc. Please confirm the latest contents of this page when using the website.
Inquiries about the handling of personal information
Please use the inquiry form
at Contact Us to send any inquiries regarding the handling of personal information.